Your email service provider (Google, Yahoo, Outlook etc.) should have a procedure set up in case you lose access to your email address. You would be asked to verify your identity to make sure that the request is genuine. Recovering your email address should be the first thing to do. The procedure to follow on SMART VALOR is presented here.
We have summarised the recovery process of some of the most common email service providers below. Always try to login to your account to check if the password has been changed.
1. Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and enter your email address.
2. Click on "Forgot Password?"
3. Enter the last password you can remember, to as accurately as possible. Click "Next".
4. If you had enabled 2FA, you will be required to confirm this using your mobile device.
5. Now, you are required to verify a code on the back-up email you had provided.
6. Enter the code, and create a new password for the email address.
1. Go to https://login.yahoo.com/ and click on "Trouble signing in?"
2. Enter either one of the following: Sign-in email address or mobile number, recovery phone number, recovery email address.
3. Depending on what you choose during the above step, you will receive a verification code. Enter the code.
4. Click on Continue (or Verify) and you should be logged into your email account.
If you have forgotten your username:
1. Go to the Outlook login page and click on "Forgot username".
2. Enter your alternative email address or phone number and click on "Next".
3. Depending on the method you choose during the above step, you will receive a security code to your mobile phone or email.
4. Microsoft will provide hints about your username.
If you have forgotten your password:
1. Go to the login page, enter your username.
2. On the "Enter password" page, click on "Forgot my password".
3. Now you are on the "Recover your account" page. Follow the instructions to receive the security code by email or phone.
4. You will be redirected to the "Recover your account" form. Fill in the details and you will receive another code to the email address you have provided.
5. Another form called "Account recovery" will be displayed. You may be required to fill these details from a previously logged in device. Press "Next".
6. Enter previously used passwords.
7. Once all the details have been submitted, your information will be reviewed and you shall receive a response within 24 hours.